I shared the contents of my hospital bag last week. Today it’s time for me to show you what I have packed for baby. Like I mentioned in my hospital bag post, baby’s first outfit and nappy are in my bag but this is what we might need during our stay. I’ve packed it in the changing bag I used all the time with the ladybird. It is a Babymel big slouchy and I loved it. I used it all the time for 2.5 years. It’s looking a bit tired now so I treated myself to a Storksak Noa in navy which I use every day and love just as much. Both bags are very spacious with lots of useful pockets for organising everything you need and straps to easily attach to your pram. I loved my Babymel the first time round but after carrying a changing bag for over 3 years, this time I wanted one that looks less like a baby bag. I’m sure I will do a full review of the Storsak noa sometime soon along with what I keep in it. Anyway let’s move on to what I have packed inside.
- Gro swaddle blanket. Our hospital provides cellular blankets (although I remember them running out whilst I was in and been given a towel to wrap baby in on a baking hot ward). I figured a gro swaddle would be thinner and mean I had something in my bag if they run out again.
- A few muslin squares (they come in useful for all sorts and I was never without one nearby when the ladybird was tiny).
- Fold up changing mat.
- Cotton wool.
- Nappy bags.
- Pack of size 1 nappies.
- Wet bag for putting the dirty washing in.
- Tiny, hand knitted (by my grandma) cardigan.
- Couple of bibs (I can’t remember if I used these so early on but better to have than not).
- A pair of socks.
- 3 vests.
- Spare hat.
- 2 more sleepsuits.
- Going home outfit and hat.
- Baby car seat – Maxi-cosi Cabriofix.
We only live 10 minutes from the hospital so my husband can bring in more if we need it as well as anything we need for going home such as a blanket if it happens to be a cool day.
Disclosure – this is not a sponsored post. I have bought everything featured in this post myself. I love the brands I have featured so wanted to share them all with you.