Welcome to the first #bloggerpinparty of 2018. This linky will continue to run every other Thursday so I hope you will join me. Thank you to everyone who joined in last time. It was nice to see some familiar bloggers and some new ones join too.
If you have joined in before you will notice one big change this month, Jemma from Thimble and twig has decided to step down as co-host. Like myself, blogging is a hobby that she fits in around working part-time and looking after her 4 children. She has decided to step down so she can focus her limited blogging time on her own blog ideas. I’d like to thank her for helping me to turn my idea for this linky into a reality. I’ve loved hosting so far and I’m looking forward to watching the linky hopefully grow this year.
I’d love to hear from you if you have any feedback on the linky so far. What do you like? what would you change? Are you finding it useful? I promise I won’t be offended. I just want to make this linky a success.
My favourite pin this week is from Jenny at Midwife and life. I love that it is simple yet bold and attention grabbing pin. It clearly tells you what to expect from the blog post it links to.
Now it’s your turn, do you have a blog post with a great pin to link up? Are you looking to grow your Pinterest traffic to your blog? If so this could be the linky for you. This is a fortnightly linky for bloggers to link any blog posts that they would like sharing on Pinterest, as long as you have a vertical pin (these do best on Pinterest). Not only will you get visits and comments on your post but you’ll also get it pinned by other bloggers to Pinterest and perhaps even some new followers. Hopefully, by joining in with the linky you’ll find lots of great content for your Pinterest boards too.
The linky will open every other Thursday for 7 days. Over the fortnight between linkies I will comment on all blog posts, retweet them on Twitter and share them on Pinterest. I have a number of group boards relevant to family bloggers that I can pin to as well as my own boards. All pins will be added to the #Bloggerspinparty board too. Every fortnight I will feature my favourite pin from everyone who joined in with the last linky. Of course, this will include a link back to your blog.
Does this sound like the linky for you?
1. Link up 1 or 2 blog posts to the inlinkz tool below. Posts can be old or new on any topic relevant to family bloggers (e.g. recipes, days out, crafts, etc).
2. Make sure you have a vertical pin for your post and a share to Pinterest option on your blog post. This could be a hidden pin as long as it is there as an option when someone clicks share to Pinterest on your blog. This makes it easy for everyone to easily find and share quality pins.
3. Make sure you add our badge to your blog post. Grab it below. You can just add a link back to our blogs if you prefer.
4. Comment (on the blog post) and pin to Pinterest one image/pin (from the post) for one post from myself, the one before yours and one other as a minimum.
5. Tweet your post on Twitter using the hashtag #bloggerpinparty and tag @littleladybird3 and I will retweet these for you.
6. The linky opens at 06:00 am Thursday 4th January and will be closing Wednesday 10th January at 23:59.
These are the basic rules but you may want to pin some more of the posts or follow others on Pinterest.
Looking to grow your Pinterest reach?
This is completely optional and not a requirement of joining the linky. I co-run a Facebook group focusing on Pinterest for bloggers. The group is still growing and developing but we run various weekly pinning parties/threads, share relevant courses or blog articles that we find and discuss Pinterest strategies. If you’d like to join the group follow this link.
As part of the group, we run the following group boards that you are welcome to join. Just follow theladybirdsadv and thimbleandtwig and leave a comment on this post with your Pinterest id and which boards you would like to join.
Finally, I have a tailwind tribe for UK days out and uk travel that you can join if it is relevant to your blog.