Welcome back to #bloggerpinparty, the blog linky to help you grow your traffic from Pinterest. Thank you to everyone who joined in last time. We were thrilled that so many of you joined us and I hope you enjoyed it and will join in again this week. It was lovely to see a mix of bloggers from week 1 and some new people too. If you didn’t join in last time, read on to find out more about this brand new blog linky.
My favourite pin this week is this one from Little fish blog. I love the blog post that it links to too. A great craft to do with your children.
Now it’s your turn, do you have a blog post with a great pin to link up? Are you looking to grow your Pinterest traffic to your blog? If so this could be the linky for you. This is a fortnightly linky for bloggers to link any blog posts that they would like sharing on Pinterest, as long as you have a vertical pin (these do best on Pinterest). Not only will you get visits and comments on your post but you’ll also get it pinned by other bloggers to Pinterest and perhaps even some new followers. Hopefully, by joining in with the linky you’ll find lots of great content for your Pinterest boards too.
The linky will open every other Thursday for 7 days. It is run by myself and Jemma from Thimble and twig. Over the fortnight between linkies we will comment on all blog posts, retweet them on Twitter and share them on Pinterest. Between us, we have a number of group boards relevant to family bloggers that we can pin to as well as our own boards. All pins will be added to our #Bloggerspinparty group board too. Every fortnight we will feature one or two of our favourite posts and pins from everyone who joined in with the last linky. Of course, this will include a link back to your blog.
Does this sound like the linky for you?
1. Link up 1 or 2 blog posts to the inlinkz tool below. Posts can be old or new on any topic relevant to family bloggers (e.g. recipes, days out, crafts, etc).
2. Make sure you have a vertical pin for your post and a share to Pinterest option on your post. This could be a hidden pin as long as it is there as an option when someone clicks share to Pinterest on your blog. This makes it easy for everyone to easily find and share quality pins.
3. Make sure you add our badge to your blog post. Grab it below. You can just add a link back to our blogs if you prefer.
4. Comment (on the blog post) and pin to Pinterest one image/pin (from the post), one post for each host, the one before yours and one other as a minimum.
5. Tweet your post on Twitter using the hashtag #bloggerpinparty and tag @littleladybird3, @thimbleandtwig and we will retweet these for you.
6. The linky opens at 07:00 am Thursday 30th November and will be closing Wednesday 6th December at 23:59.
These are the basic rules but you may want to pin some more of the posts or follow others on Pinterest.
Looking to grow your Pinterest reach?
This is completely optional and not a requirement of joining the linky. Jemma and I run a Facebook group focusing on Pinterest for bloggers. The group is still growing and developing but we run various weekly pinning parties/threads, share relevant courses or blog articles that we find and discuss Pinterest strategies. If you’d like to join the group follow this link.
As part of the group, we run the following group boards that you are welcome to join. Just follow theladybirdsadv and thimbleandtwig and leave a comment on this post with your Pinterest id and which boards you would like to join.
Finally, I have a tailwind tribe for UK days out and travel that you can join if it is relevant to your blog.