I love autumn so I have put together an autumn bucket list for our family. This is a list of all the things we could do together this autumn. I’ve included activities for my two children (15 months and 4 years), things I want to cook and family trips and activities. I hope the weather improves as it feels like it rains every day at the moment.
- Take a walk in the woods – I’m sure we’ll do this more than once. I love a walk in the wood at any time of year but I love visiting in the autumn when the leaves are changing colour.
- Make a nature scavenger hunt for F (my 4 year old daughter)
- Collect leaves to use for sensory play and crafts (if we ever have enough dry days to let them dry out).
- Carve a pumpkin.
- Take F trick or treating.
- Take the kids to my friend’s Halloween party.
- Let the girls jump in piles of leaves and puddles.
- Watch some fireworks – I love fireworks. I’m not sure whether we’ll go to a display or not this year. We missed last year with E being only 5 months old. I can’t make my mind up if she’s still too young this year. F was pretty underwhelmed last year when I took her for a walk to see some. She asked when she could go to bed!
- Spend a morning at forest school.
- Collect “autumn treasures” – that’s what F called conkers, acorns and pine cones last year.
- Plan and enjoy our week in the Lake District. We love the Lakes and I can not wait to go back this autumn.
- Go for a walk at Dunham Massey.
- Watch the girls jump in leaves and muddy puddles.
- Drink hot chocolate.
- Make autumn play dough.
- Set up an autumn tuff spot for the girls.
- Read autumn picture books to my daughters.
- Make an apple crumble.
- Make homemade soup.
- Plant spring bulbs.
- Have an autumn picnic.
Have you made an autumn bucket list? I love to hear what is on yours.
Pin for later: