This is a really simple Easter playdough invitation to create for toddlers and preschoolers. I find that kids love play dough and will usually play with it for quite some time. This is one of many great Easter crafts and activities for kids.
Ad – This post contains affiliate links. These are marked with *. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase through the links I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Easter playdough supplies
You will need a few basic supplies to set up this Easter play dough invitation to create.
Obviously, the first thing you need is play dough. You might already have some around or you might choose to make your own or buy a new Easter play dough set.
If you choose to make your own, then I can recommend this recipe that I have made loads of time s – The best no-cook playdough recipe you can make with (or without!) a stand mixer! The texture is exactly as you would expect and it’s a really easy method to follow.
You’ll need some good food colouring to get some really vibrant colours. The supermarket brands don’t really work well. I love Wilton gel food colourings. You can * order them here.
If you decide to buy an Easter playdough kit you might like * this one from Play-doh.
Easter playdough invitation to play
Once you have your play dough ready you just need to add some play dough tools. I kept the tools I added simple but you can add whatever you like. How cute are these * Easter-themed stamps?
I also added an egg-shaped cutter and a chick one. To make Easter play dough I put a collection of Easter-themed loose parts on a tray for her too. These included chicks, Pom poms and plastic eggs.
Find a cute set of * Easter cookie cutters here.
When I did this with my 3 year old she loved it. She filled the eggs with chicks and play dough. She also used the cutters to cut out chicks. Playdough houses were also built for chickens and she just generally had lots of fun.
I love watching her play and seeing the ideas she comes up with. One thing I have noticed is that she likes to use everything I put out and sometimes will even fetch extra bits too. You can see in these photos how busy her tray became.
What will your child do with your Easter play dough invitation to play?
Unique Easter play dough kits
There are so many small companies making gorgeous play dough kits for kids worldwide. I’ve chosen 2 beautiful ones from the UK and 2 from the USA to get you started.
1. UK seller – * Easter play dough kit
2. UK seller – The one pictured has sold out but this one is similar * Build an Easter chick kit
3. USA seller – * Easter play dough jar
4. USA seller – * Easter play dough kit
More sensory play ideas for toddlers and preschoolers
- Playdough is a great sensory toy for toddlers, click through to find 14 more.
- If you love this, you’ll love my Spring sensory play ideas. They’re so simple and fun.
More Easter activities for young kids
- Find the best Easter board books in this post – Easter books for babies.
- Find lots of Easter crafts and activities for toddlers here. It includes simple crafts, handprint art and sensory play.
- Find lots of ideas for setting up your own Easter egg hunt at home here – Easter egg hunt ideas.
Find more seasonal activities for kids here.
Pin for later: